Aadhar card is an important document for every person living in India. Aadhar card contains all your personal information and Aadhaar is necessary to avail most of the government and private services offered in the country. Keeping in view the requirements of Aadhaar, taking care of its security also becomes a big responsibility. If you leave a little slack in it, then there can be a big fraud with you, due to which you can also get caught in some increased difficulty.
Due to this, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has recently issued a warning through its official Twitter handle, cautioning citizens from fraudsters. UIDAI has asked to always keep your mobile number updated in Aadhaar. If you have any doubt about whether your correct mobile number or email is linked with Aadhaar, you can verify it using this link: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email -mobile
To avail Aadhaar online services, one should always keep his/her mobile number on the Aadhaar card updated. To link or update your mobile number with your Aadhaar card, one can visit the nearest Aadhaar center and get the number updated by filling the required form. So let us tell you how you can verify your mobile number:
Process to verify mobile number and mail id
- For this, first click on http://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile.
- After this, a page related to “Mobile Number in Aadhaar” will open with you.
- To check the details, you have to first enter “12 digit Aadhaar number”.
- After this “Contact Details” will be asked. Here you have to enter Mobile Number and E-mail ID.
- After filling the “Captcha” you have to click on “Send OTP”. If you get OTP then your mobile number is correct and if not then you will have to visit Aadhaar Enrollment Center to get it corrected or changed.